Within the framework of anti-crisis plan of agriculture -“Taking Care for the Village and Farmers”, farmers and entrepreneurs involved in the agricultural activity get an important support from the State.
As of the data July 10:
• Within the program of stimulation of the agricultural land plot owners, agro-points were already transferred to more than 70, 000 farmers. The amount of accrued subsidy exceeds 14 million GEL. Transferring of agro points is still on-going.
• More than 90,000 beneficiaries used with the program support by agro diesel. Farmers received the discount card on more than 25000 tons of agro diesel. Those farmers, who had already cashed the discount card, totally saved 3 million GEL.
• More than 14,000 policies have been issued under the agro-insurance program. Up to 15,000 hectares of land are insured, while the cost of the insured harvest exceeds 134 million GEL.
• Within the framework of the State program on modernization of the dairy sector and market access, more than 1000 applications have been received from Imereti, Kakheti, Samegrelo and Zemo Svaneti, Samtskhe-Javakheti and Kvemo Kartli regions.
•With the preferential agro-credit program, for the ensuring the coverage of financing the current costs for growing one-year crops, the State will fully cover 6 months interest rate. 1317 agro-loans have been issued, the total amount of the loan exceeds 24 million GEL, including the co-financing of interest to be issued by the agency exceeds 1.9 million GEL.
• More than 380 applications have been submitted in accordance with the terms of the Agricultural Support Program. The budget of the agricultural support program amounts 10 million GEL.